Today was induction day at Nodehill and Mr Manchematin our new leader of French met 7JM, his new form for the first time. Mr Manchematin who is currently French coordinator at St Peter's CE Middle School in Windsor will be officially joining the school in September 2009 and replacing me as I take on my new role as Language Teaching Advisor at CILT.
To help 7JM settle in and get to know each other in their new class, I suggested that we showed them how to make a podcast so they could talk about their hopes and fears for next year and publish the results to a worldwide audience. I was delighted to see that they relished the opportunity and you can hear what they came up with by clicking on the link below.
Mr Manchematin told me he also enjoyed learning how to podcast and how he was keen to upgrade his own ICT skills in the future. I will certainly be staying in touch and trying to help as much as is needed ;)
While I was editing the recording in Audacity, the pupils wrote down their thoughts which I've included here too. It's great to hear and read how excited they still find podcasting and how they feel it helps them to express themselves. This is what they wrote:
- I liked making podcasts because I enjoy working in groups with my friends. It was fun coming up with ideas, listening to other people’s podcasts and being on Mr Dale’s blog on the internet!
- I really enjoyed making a podcast and talking about the differences. It is really cool it is going on the Internet.
- It is a good idea and we can put our own thoughts onto it and we will actually be on the internet!
- I really enjoyed making the podcast as we got to say what we think is it is going to be like in Year 7.
- I really found it cool making the podcasts as you could say what you think about Year 7 on induction day!
- I really enjoyed the podcasts because I liked making them.
- I liked making the podcasts because we were able to say our opinion about Year 6 and year 7.
- I liked making podcasts because it is fun to put your voice on the internet.
- I liked making podcasts because it is fun to let people know your ideas and then you are on the internet and you hear your voice.
- I think podcasting was a good idea because we heard how people wrote scripts.
- I think podcasting was great because it means I can express my views.
- I think podcasting is good because you can say what you think and you can put it on the web.
- I thought that the podcasting was a great idea and loads of fun!
- I thought it was really funny and cool but the best part was editing it and it was quite funny to hear some mistakes.
- I thought it was fun to record it and when we were listening back, I kept on laughing!
- That cool broadcast thing was so cool! Funny when I listened to it.
- It was fun to do and I enjoyed it a lot.
- Doing the podcasts were really good and it was really funny when we had to edit it.
- I think making the podcast was fun and exciting. I think it was a good way to get to know people in your class.
- I think the podcast was really fun. I enjoyed hearing everyone’s interview.
- I thought the podcast was great and I told people how we felt about induction day.
- I thought the podcast was cool and we had fun doing it.
- Making the podcast was cool, but random. Everyone thought I had a posh accent.
- I thought the podcast went alright, but it was fun and funny.
- I thought it was fun and enjoyable.
- I thought it was interesting.
- I thought the podcast was fun.
Even though this may be the last podcast I publish as a Nodehill teacher, I am very proud of bringing podcasting to the school three years ago and putting my name to our eclectic back catalogue. I hope this will not mark the end of podcasting at Nodehill, but only time will tell.