Over the festive season, José Picardo invited MFL teachers to contribute guest posts to his wonderful blog Box of Tricks on the theme of technology in Modern Foreign Languages. The posts from Alex Blagona, Suzi Bewell, Samantha Lunn, Mary Cooch, Saira Ghani, Lisa Stevens, Marie-France Perkins, Dominic McGladdery, Helena Butterfield, Simon Howells, Isabelle Jones and Amanda Salt have all been fantastic and based principally on classroom practice.
Some of the authors have also guested on Ken Royal's blog The Educators' Royal Treatment and the links to these posts are also included below. Check them out if you are interested in kick starting the new term with some inspirational examples of good practice in the MFL classroom and look too at Isabelle's personal reflections on the benefits of blogging which are a must read!
- Collaborate, facilitate, educate
- Using videoconferencing to motivate language learners
- The Power of RSS for 21st century educators
- Simple but effective
- German: OFF the curriculum but ON the VLE
- A word or two about Wordle
- Using technology to enhance learning in the MFL classroom
- Mrs Perkins’s journey into the WWW
- Mobile phones in the MFL classroom
- Tools to get pupils talking
- Google Maps in the MFL classroom
- Supporting assessment for learning
- Looking back and moving forward
- Playing with Pixetell: Giving Students Feedback
- Flipping Our Approach to Teaching and Learning
- Bringing Languages Alive Using Online Videos
Go on! Be my guest!